Registered Nurse (12529)
Registered Nurse / RN | Albany, NY | Contract | From $65.00 to $72.00 per hour
InGenesis is currently seeking Registered Nurses to work with our client in Albany, NY. In this role, you will be working in the NYS Department of Health’s NYS Department of Health, Office of Professional Medical Conduct.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
· Perform medical reviews, including clinical reviews of medical records to identify appropriateness of care provided based on generally accepted minimum standards of medical practice
· Responsible for investigating complaints and developing an investigative plan for cases involving violations of NYS Public Health Law, Section 230
· Conduct telephone interviews of complainants and physicians
· Coordinate with Medical Coordinators to review patient files to opine on standard of care
· Draft correspondence to subjects of investigation in compliance with NYS Public Health Law, Section 230
· Obtain and review confidential data which may be necessary to locate subjects of investigation
· Review and summarize all previous OPMC investigations of the subject physician
· Document all investigative actions using the established OPMC protocol
· Maintain the OPMC database iTrak to reflect all completed investigative actions
· Additional duties assigned
· Registered Nurse with current license and registration and no disciplinary actions on license
· Minimum five years of clinical experience
· Three (3) years investigative experience
· Knowledge of current investigative techniques
· Computer skills to include basic word processing and database applications
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Good customer service skills
· Experience with the professional medical conduct process
*pay range commensurate on experience
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.