Registered Nurse (10381)
Registered Nurse / RN | Marysville, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Registered Nurse / RN to work with our client located Marysville, OH. In this role, you will provide general nursing care to a correctional patient population.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
JOB DUTIES IN ORDER OF IMPORTANCE: (These duties are illustrative only. Incumbents may perform some or all of these duties or other job-related duties as assigned.)
- Provides professional nursing care to students hospitalized in student health services unit, or to inmates, juvenile offenders, or consumers housed in state-owned/operated facility/institution &/or staff.
- Observes, assesses & records symptoms, reactions & progress of infirmary patients &/or clinic out-patients.
- Makes nursing rounds.
- Takes & records vitals.
- Prepares & administers prescribed medications & ordered treatment plans &/or immunizations.
- Monitors restrained (e.g., lock-ups, detention, isolated) patients on timely bas is (i.e., every 15 minutes).
- Provides immediate medical attention to emergencies (e.g., administers first aid; arranges transportation to hospital emergency room; contacts staff physician when necessary; counsels patient regarding need for medical referrals).
- If assigned, also schedules, assigns & reviews work (i.e., has authority to either approve/disapprove leave requests or to complete performance evaluations, but such is not mandatory to be performed) of lower-level staff (e.g., RNs, LP Ns).
- Participates in staff development & education.
- Reviews care plans written by staff & trains & orients new employees.
- In corrections medical center, is responsible for all health care of 20-60 bedridden inmates (i.e., makes rounds, evaluates care needed & rendered; does care plans & teaches health care principles; administers medication including narcotics; renders all direct nursing care as needed) & performs specialized procedures (i.e., iv therapy, chemotherapy, wound care, oxygen therapy, dialysis, blood transfusion, incubation & CPR, tube feeding, catheterization, suctioning & phlebotomy duties).
- Organizes & oversees 'code blue' team; directs health care staff (e.g., hospital aides & licensed practical nurses) assigned to area; acts as lead worker in charge of one assigned shift in absence of nurse 2 employee' assists physician in giving diagnostic health evaluations to students.
- Performs clerical tasks (e.g., charts & records all medications, treatments & pertinent medical information; completes required reports such as incident & accident reports; documents Medicaid information; orders supplies & equipment; maintains constant & exact inventory of all controlled drugs, medication & equipment); arranges for out-patient clinic appointments; arranges for medical examinations to be done by school physician; arranges for new & refilled prescriptions ordered by physicians through local pharmacy; performs administrative tasks & serves as liaison with others in organization & conducts &/or attends meetings; serves as instructor on occasion; serves as member or leader of problem solving teams or groups.
MAJOR WORKER CHARACTERISTICS:
- Knowledge of professional registered nursing procedures.
- State & federal regulations, policies & procedures related to nursing.
- Public relations.
- Employee training & development.
- Inventory control.
- Skill in operation of medical equipment (e.g., stethoscope, otoscope, blood pressure cuff, EKG machine).
- Ability to deal with some abstract but mostly concrete variables; write meaningful, concise & accurate reports; gather, collate & classify information about data, people or things; demonstrate physical fitness.
MINIMUM CLASS QUALIFICATIONS FOR EMPLOYMENT:
- Requires current licensure as registered professional nurse in state of Ohio as issued by Board of Nursing per Section 4723.03 of Ohio Revised Code.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.