Referral Coordinator (10954)
Administrative | Conroe, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for Referral Coordinator candidates to work for our potential client. In this role, you will process referrals for off-site specialty consults and follow-up medical appointments. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepares, updates, and maintains medical referral.
- Coordinates the purchase or rental of durable medical equipment.
- Contacts the off-site community medical providers to schedule appointments.
- Tracks compliance with scheduled patient appointments.
- Recognize documentation inconsistencies in referrals within the eHR ensuring compliance and resolution.
- Coordinates transportation and creates the sealed medical record packet.
- Handles all correspondence requiring authorizations for payment of medical services.
- Completes reports needed to ensure that all referrals have been completed correctly before they are transmitted for payment and corrects any errors found.
- Assists to reconcile and resolve denied outside provider claims.
- Performs record keeping functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- 1+ year of experience in a healthcare setting as a medical record technician, medical record clerk, or similar position.
- 1+ year of experience scheduling medical appointments, such as radiology procedures, specialty consults follow-up appointments, and surgical procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of the basic principles and standards of eHR procedures and methods.
- Basic fluency of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) codes.
- Knowledge of and functional proficiency in common Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge of HIPAA/Privacy Act as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.