Recreation Supervisor (11603)
Social Programs | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Recreation Supervisor to work with our client. In this role, you will ensure that unaccompanied children have access to high-quality recreational and leisure time activities, which can be essential for their well-being and overall adjustment to their new surroundings. The Recreation Supervisor is responsible for overseeing a staff responsible for providing year-round recreation and leisure time activities to unaccompanied children residing at the facility until they can be placed with an appropriate sponsor. The Recreation Supervisor works with the Director of Recreation to develop plans and programs that meet or exceed the standards of the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). The Recreation Supervisor also ensures the campus has appropriate and sufficient on-site recreation areas.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Supervise recreation staff and ensure they are appropriately trained and equipped to perform their job duties.
- Develop and implement a variety of recreational activities and programs for unaccompanied children, ensuring they are appropriate for age, interests, and abilities.
- Work with the Director of Recreation to develop plans and programs that meet or exceed ORR standards.
- Ensure that the recreation areas are maintained and clean at all times.
- Maintain a recreation activity log to track participation and interest in various activities.
- Promote physical fitness, healthy living, and positive social interaction among the children.
- Encourage resident children to explore new interests and talents.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and support to staff and resident children in the development of positive relationships.
- Monitor resident children's participation in recreational activities, ensuring their safety at all times.
- Collaborate with other staff members to ensure the safety and well-being of all resident children.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in recreation, physical education, or related field preferred.
- At least three years of experience working in recreation, preferably in a residential setting.
- Experience supervising staff and working with children.
- Ability to develop and implement recreational programs and activities.
- Knowledge of child development and behavior management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Must be able to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.