Behaviorial Health | Mount Vernon, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Psychologist to work with our client located in Mt. Vernon, OH. In this role, you will provide psychological services to a correctional patient population.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Conducts individual and group counseling/psychotherapy.
- Follows up on treatment and writes progress reports.
- Conducts psychological evaluations or court ordered forensic evaluations.
- Diffuses / de-escalates issues.
- Role models positive behaviors.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of inmates at all times to identify, prevent, or contain significant lethality risks for imminent harm to self or others.
- Provides psychological services to offenders under Adult Parole Authority oversight.
- Coordinates services between institution mental health services and local community mental health service providers.
- Completes re-entry accountability plans.
- Conducts home visits to adult parole authority offenders with adult parole authority field officers.
- Provides specialized sex offender therapies.
- Provides psychological treatment to inmates in form of psycho-educational classes.
- Participates in treatment team functions.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance, instruction to treatment team members.
- Recommends policies and procedures for patient assessment, evaluation, and treatment.
- Evaluates defendant / patient for mental status.
- Evaluates competence to stand trial or sanity at time of offense.
- Writes comprehensive forensic reports and recommendations for courts.
- Responds to subpoenas and appears in court as expert witness on forensic / psychological matters.
- Prepares statistical reports and graphs summarizing behavioral progress and use of various interventions / treatments.
- Acts as liaison for offenders with treatment team, rules infraction boards, parole boards, and unit management staff.
- Prepares materials for and participates in staff development or in-service training programs.
- Attends meetings, conferences, and seminars.
- Serves on or chairs facility-wide committees, representing psychological unit.
- Participates in weekend coverage for evaluation and assessment of offenders placed on suicide watch.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current license to practice psychology as issued by the Ohio State Board of Psychology.
- Biennial renewal of license.
- Current CPR and first aide certification.
- Skill in operation of personal computer and related software.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.