Primary Care Practitioner (10060)
Physicians | Providence Forge, VA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Primary Care Practitioner, Medical Doctor or Mid-Level Provider (PA,FNP,NP) to work with our client located in Providence Forge, VA. In this role, you will work independently and on their own initiative to support the service unit in achieving its mission and providing direct comprehensive health care to neonatal, geriatric, adolescent, and adult patients in the Mid-Atlantic Service Unit’s Mobile Health Unit.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provide comprehensive ambulatory medical services (urgent, preventive, chronic, and progressive care) for American Indians/Alaska Natives (AI/AN).
- Obtain an adequate history and physical from the patient and/or family if appropriate
- Perform adequate physical exams
- Order the appropriate laboratory and radiology exams needed.
- Order medications (to include over the counter medications) through an electronic prescribing method with the exception of handwritten prescriptions for Scheduled I, II and III medications.
- Document all activities as appropriate meeting the standards of Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, Inc. (AAAHC)
- Perform procedures as available at the facility when evidence of current competency has been provided and verified.
- Promptly complete forms directly related to patient care within 24 business hours.
- Maintain patient records in the problem oriented medical record format utilizing the IHS EHR (Electronic Health Record).
- Scheduled medications shall be highly scrutinized with prescribing methods to reduce opioid or other chemical dependency.
- Complete all required trainings within the deadlines set by the Service Unit Administrative Officer or Area Office representative.
- Participate in Service Unit weekly Purchased Referred Care team meetings and monthly clinic meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Provider shall obtain and maintain medical licensure in any state or territory of the United States. This includes meeting any requirements for continued medical education (CME) by the state or the facility medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations.
- Required to follow all applicable laws and regulations (State, Federal Agency-IHS) in the practice of medicine in the IHS health center.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.