Phlebotomy Technician (10314)
Phlebotomist | Scott AFB, IL | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Phlebotomy Technician to work with our client located in O'Fallon, IL. In this role, you will collect blood samples from patients deciphering the best method for drawing blood depending on the specific patient.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Practice proper patient identification, especially when working on hospital floors.
- Label vials with patient names and dates.
- Transport all specimen samples to a nearby laboratory.
- Centrifuge blood samples, depending on if this is allowed in the state you are working in.
- Expect to work with a large number of patients varying in age and health status.
- Practice infection control and Personal Protective Equipment standards.
- Complete extensive standardized training and demonstrate competency to perform each job function and commit to perform only those tasks for which documented training has been completed.
- Provide instruction and training as requested following designation of Preceptor/Instructor status.
- Perform other related duties as necessary.
- Phlebotomy Certificate.
- Basic Life Support (BLS).
- High school equivalent and completion of NAACLS or two-part Phlebotomy program.
- Must have performed 40 hours of classroom training, 100 hours of clinical training and 100 successful venipuncture (including skin punctures).
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.