Phlebotomy | Houston, TX | Full Time
InGenesis has an Immediate Position available for a Phlebotomist
in Houston, TX
Monday – Friday (non-holidays) 9:30 pm – 6:00 pm.
Essential Job Functions
• Demonstrates competency in performing routine venipuncture, finger stick, arterial blood collections and obtaining blood directly from patient catheters. Collects and maintains patient samples for analysis in the laboratory. Processes, prepares and aliquots specimens for testing. Notes information on collection records. Remains knowledgeable of all policies, procedures and protocols. Assures that productivity is adequate to meet the demands of the section's workload. Instructs patient of phlebotomy procedure. Manipulates blood collecting, processing and component equipment to acquire blood specimens while assuring that needle remains in place. Delivers and collects various documents and specimens in a timely manner. Performs all testing in compliance with safety guidelines, policies and procedures.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Associate degree from a Medical Laboratory Technician Program or completion of a specialized phlebotomy training program.
• Six months of phlebotomy experience in a clinical laboratory or three months experience with preferred education.
• One year of phlebotomy experience.
Established in 1998, InGenesis enjoys a long history of positive government and commercial relationships with healthcare industry professionals and businesses nationwide. We are the recent recipients of an Inc. 5000 award, and dedicated to servicing our customers.
Equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, medical condition or pregnancy. All interested applicants are encouraged to submit a resume that details their education and professional experience specific to this job description. All requirements must be met for consideration to be given.
InGenesis supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law.