Phlebotomist | Muskegon, MI | Contract
Work Location: Muskegon, MI
InGenesis is currently seeking a Phlebotomist to work with our client located in Muskegon, MI. In this role, you will perform specimen collection and related tasks.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Follow proper patient identification procedures.
• Procure appropriate blood specimens by venipuncture.
• Ensure transport of specimens from off-site collection areas to the lab.
• Complete appropriate paperwork for each test, patient and/or client.
• Follow proper laboratory safety procedures.
• Inform technical staff and/or supervisory personnel of any unusual or problematic incidents.
• Monitor and maintain supplies.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Certification from Phlebotomy or Medical Assistant program OR 6+ months of phlebotomy experience.
• Current BLS certification.
• Knowledge of medical terminology and laboratory information system experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.