Pharmacy Technician - Night (11459)
Pharmacy | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician - Night to work with our client. In this role, you will assist Pharmacists in providing drug distribution, technical services, and clinical services associated with the preparation, storage and dispensing of pharmaceuticals.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Compounds and prepares bulk/unit-dose medications specific to patient needs including patient’s weight, allergies, and age.
- Retrieves and delivers medication orders and supplies.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate automated technology including compounding, repackaging, cartfill and Automated Drug Systems.
- Communicates effectively with other pharmacy employees, healthcare professionals, and patients.
- Maintains adequate drug inventories in pharmacy areas and patient care areas and notifies the appropriate personnel when shortages and/or outages are noted.
- Performs quality assurance/improvement audits
- Maintains a neat clean and organized work area.
- Assists pharmacists in filling ambulatory prescriptions specific to patient needs including patient’s weight, allergies, and age.
- Assists in record keeping activities in any assigned area.
- Adheres to internal controls and reporting structure.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience required
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or by the National Healthcareer Association required.
- Registered Pharmacy Technician with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy (TSBP) required.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.