Pharmacy Technician (9553)
Pharmacy | Dallas, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work with our client located in Dallas, TX. In this role, you will you will perform all duties related to preparation and dispensing of medication orders.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Read individual prescriptions and determine name of the drug, strength, and dosage of drugs to be dispensed.
- Set up prescriptions by obtaining the correct drug stock, counting the correct amount of medication, and placing this medication in smaller containers.
- Ensure final check by a pharmacist is performed on each prescription.
- Consult with Clinical Services Manager or clinical pharmacist directly to clarify prescription issues.
- Use judgment and experience to determine when pharmacist is to be immediately alerted to a therapeutic problem.
- Receive supplies and check receipts against requisitions.
- Check for shortages, breakage, deterioration, and expiration dates.
- Report all discrepancies to the pharmacist.
- Consult with pharmacist to prevent inventory problems and prepare requisitions accordingly.
- Withdraw outdated drugs, determine proper disposition (destruction or credit returns), and prepare necessary paperwork to initiate proper action.
- Follow processes required to fill and dispense medical prescriptions safely and accurately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year of Pharm Tech experience.
- US citizenship, required.
- Preferred: Certified Pharmacy Technician certification.
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Must pass initial and periodic, short notice drug testing.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.