Pharmacy Technician (10946)
Pharmacy | Montgomery, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for Pharmacy Technician candidates to work with our client. In this role, you will perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures and pharmaceutical dispensing duties. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
What’s in it for you?
- Health Insurance effective date of hire for full-time employees.
- Health & Welfare – additional per-hour rate to help offset the cost of insurance.
- 2 weeks of PTO
- 11 Paid Federal Holidays
- Performs all duties related to the preparation and dispensing of medication orders.
- Reads individual prescriptions and determines the name of the drug, strength, and dosage of drugs to be dispensed. Correlates instructions on the prescription with pharmacy policy limitations and notes on the prescription.
- Sets up prescriptions by obtaining the correct drug stock, counting the correct amount of medication, and placing this medication in smaller containers. After the prescription has been filled, all contents and the label are set aside in order for a final check by a pharmacist.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a pharmacy technician program accredited by The American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP).
- Certified by The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
- Minimum of one year experience as a Certified Pharmacy Technician.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear, and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
This position is dependent upon contract award.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.