Pharmacy Technician (10613)
Pharmacy | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will assist the pharmacist with providing safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients. You will work in the clean room and compound medication no less than 50% of the day.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Assess, manage, and report medication-related incidents and equipment error and/or failures.
- Assist pharmacist with the preparation and dispense of medications/supplies.
- Calibrate equipment.
- Assist with recording and maintaining pharmacy temperature and cleaning logs.
- Ensure all pharmacy surfaces, laminar flow hoods, and clean room are cleaned per the client’s policy.
- Perform basic pharmaceutical calculations in order to obtain correct doses of medications.
- Ensure a licensed pharmacist properly checks all compounding and packing.
- Understand basic drug terminology and therapies/services provided.
- Maintain confidentiality of patient and proprietary information.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Active Texas Pharm Tech license.
- More than 1 year Pharmacy Technician experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Basic email skills, internet explorer (sending, receiving, and organizing communications, opening a browser, typing in URLs in the correct location).
- Current Compounded Sterile Preparation Technician (CSPT) Certification
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.