Pharmacy Technician (10458)
Pharmacy | Fairfield, CA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacy Technician to work with our client located in Fairfield, CA. In this role, you will perform a full range of pharmacy technician procedures and pharmaceutical dispensing duties including filling new outpatient prescriptions, refilling prescriptions, and entering orders into databases.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Enter orders into electronic health records, compound intravenous medication orders, compound Chemo therapeutic intravenous medications.
- Perform ward and or clinic inspections, maintain pharmacy automation systems, deliver Pyxis and patient orders to wards and clinics.
- Perform information consultations in support of new and refill prescriptions, support patient and physician’s requests.
- Monitor for drug interactions and report adverse drug reactions.
- Perform drug storage inspection, review expired supplies, and produce error and workload reports and documentation.
- Place new orders, stock/restock shelves, inventory maintenance, produce not in stock reports.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from a formal pharmacy technician program accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) or a formal pharmacy technician program or a formal medical services training program of the United States Military.
- Basic Life Support Certified by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) or National Healthcare Association.
- 1-year full-time experience within the last 36 months as a pharmacy technician.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.