Pharmacy Assistant (9459)
Pharmacy | Jackson, MI | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacy Assistant to work with our client located in Jackson, MI. In this role, you will provide a variety of support activities to coordinate vendor pharmacy services in a health care unit or provide pharmacy technician services in the operation of a pharmacy.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Coordinate ordering, distribution, delivery, and pick-up of pharmaceutical products.
- Maintain inventories and supplies.
- Document receipt of medication, ensuring all pharmaceutical products ordered are received.
- Notify supervisors of missing medications.
- Assist in obtaining necessary medication from vendor or local pharmacy.
- Sort and stock incoming pharmaceutical products.
- Distribute non-restricted, self-administered medication and delivery documentation.
- Maintain records.
- Complete medication error reports and vendor problem resolution forms.
- Process and document medication designated for retunes or destruction.
- Monitor medications received and assist with reconciling invoices.
- Prepare walk-in pharmacy orders.
- Compound drugs or prepare mixing intervenors drugs for injection.
- Fill ward stock orders for over-the counter nonprescription medications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current Pharmacy Technician certification.
- 1+ year of related professional experience.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.