Pharmacist | Irving, TX | Full Time
Who we are
InGenesis is a successful and established Workforce Solutions Company aiming to help you find valuable employment in the areas of healthcare and pharmaceutical positions. Today, InGenesis is one of the largest workforce solutions firms in the United States ensuring significant employment opportunities with available positions across the nation.
Purpose of job
-Under general supervision, compounds and dispenses medications, drugs, and other medications according to professional standards and practices.
- Prepares and maintains all necessary records on prescriptions, patient charges and inventory.
- Consults with nursing and medical staff regarding prescriptions, orders, drug and pharmaceutical detail, patient reactions, errors and complaints.
- Initiates and follows quality assurance and safety policies and procedures. Monitors compliance with all legal regulations and accreditation organizations.
- Prepares and dispenses medication orders.
- Maintains and evaluates patient profile and comprehensive drug data file to evaluate orders for any incompatibilities.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information. Verifies patient information and proper physician authorization.
- Checks all orders for insurance approval before admixing. Admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines.
- Ensures correct preparation of all formulas or medications.
- Checks all prescriptions for completeness. Calculates correct dosages, converting between metric and apothecary equivalents.
- Organizes and directs technician's workflow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and patients. Provides and documents drug counseling to all patients.
- Ensures all legal and professional requirements are adhered to, including controlled substances. Consults with patients to determine pre-existing conditions to assess medication compatibility.
- Instructs patients on effects of food and alcohol intake. Warns of potential side effects. Provides professional drug information and assistance to medical staff.
- Participates in pharmacy teaching and in-service programs. Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non-chemo IVs. Cleans hood daily and in between I.V. admixturing.
- Logs and dates all drugs that are being used. Checks drugs monthly for outdates. Keeps accurate temperature logs. Keeps accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs.
- Assists with inventory control of medications. Orders supplies and medications. Receives and shelves medications.
- Ensures that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments. Prepares labels. Files and prepares billing. Computes prices.
- Receives new drug education from drug representatives; remains abreast of new information.
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients and medical staff.
- Prepares reports and monitoring activities as directed.
4-year degree and must be a Licensed Pharmacist.
At InGenesis we aim to provide employees the tools they need to succeed as individuals and as employees. For this reason, we offer a competitive salary, health insurance, paid PTO, and paid holidays.
Ensure your next employment opportunity.
Apply now by contacting Ernest Saldivar at 210-366-0033 x337 or submitting your resume.