Pharmacist | Gainesville, FL | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Pharmacist to work with our client located in Gainesville, FL. In this role, you will provide safe and appropriate pharmacy services to patients. This is an entry level position into the practice of clinical pharmacy in the alternate setting.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Design and evaluate patient-specific pharmacy care plans for the pharmacotherapy of home care patients.
- Determine the suitability of individual patients for home care.
- Modify pharmacy care plans based on evaluation of data and other pertinent patient-specific information.
- Provide medication-use education to staff, other professionals, home care patients, and caregivers.
- Ensure continuity of pharmaceutical care to and from the home and other patient-care settings.
- Use systematic procedure to communicate pertinent patient information to and from the home and other patient-care settings.
- Prepare and dispense medications.
- Accurately calibrate equipment.
- Ensure medication contains all necessary or appropriate ancillary labels.
- Inspect final medication before dispensing.
- Assure presence of authorization to dispense.
- Manage use, maintenance, and troubleshooting of medication administration equipment and medication-related equipment.
- Monitor and report discrepancies in perpetual inventory systems for schedule II narcotics and other medications subject to diversion.
- Provide timely response to requests for drug information from health care providers and home care patients.
- Manage use of investigational drug products according to established regulations and policies.
- Prioritize workload and workflow, taking into account available resources.
- Ensure work is accomplished in the time available.
- Ensure accuracy of the work of pharmacy support personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy.
- Current Pharmacy license in the state of Florida.
- One of the following:
- 1+ year of experience in sterile IV admixture procedures.
- Knowledge of non-sterile compounding, immunizations and medication therapy management
- Completion of ASHP accredited Pharmacy Residency Program.
- Completion of Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience associated with an accredited school of pharmacy.
- Equivalent experience as approved by client.
- Willingness to travel up to 5% of the time within state.
- Access to reliable transportation in order to make home visits for treatment of patients.
- Basic computer skills.
- Preferred: Completion of Pharmacy Residency Program or Advanced Pharmacy Practice Experience.
- Preferred: Experience with home care, hospital, or other clean room settings.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.