Ophthalmology Technician (10417)
Ophthalmology | Fairfield, CA | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking an Ophthalmology Technician to work with our client located at Travis AFB, CA. In this role, you will perform general ophthalmic procedures in preparing preoperative and postoperative patients.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepares patients and performs as special surgical assistant in all types of ophthalmic surgery.
- Administers ophthalmic drops and ointments, applies ocular dressings, performs suture removal, and obtains eye cultures.
- Prepare procedure room, injectable ophthalmic anesthetics and antibiotics.
- Assist surgeons in performing surgical and laser procedures in the clinic and operating room as required.
- Assist provider in the examination and treatment of ophthalmology patients.
- This assistance includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Examine records and forms and prepare patients for current exam and treatment.
- Prepare appropriate equipment and instruments for surgery and follow-up care.
- Assist ophthalmologist by performing technical tests and records results for procedures for the ophthalmologist's analysis and interpretation.
- Assist in refractive/diagnostic procedures to include auto-refractometry, corneal topography, pachymetry, keratometry, ocular photography, and visual fields and pupillary reflex testing and other duties as assigned.
- Apply ocular dressings.
- Conducts vision screening tests.
- Maintain and perform required periodic calibration checks on surgical instruments and equipment.
- Perform user maintenance checks on specialized clinic and surgical equipment
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Degree/Education: Completion of an ophthalmology technician course, optometric technician course with at least one year of experience in ophthalmology, or at least two years of experience in ophthalmology to include assisting in surgery.
- Certifications in addition to Basic Life Support: Certified Ophthalmic Assistant (COA) or Certified Ophthalmic Technician (COT) or Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT) by the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology or completed a formal ophthalmic training program by the United States Armed Forces or 3 years' experience working in Laser Refractive Centers or Ophthalmology clinics.
- Experience: Must have knowledge of ocular anatomy; ophthalmic medications; visual physiology, optics; use and maintenance of ophthalmic instruments and testing equipment; ophthalmic and medical regulations; medical terminology; optometric technology; asepsis; ocular referrals and emergency medical treatment; patient transportation; medical ethics; medical administration; surgical instruments and equipment; ophthalmic injectable medications; anesthetic solutions; and ocular disorders.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.