Administrative | Dallas, TX | Part Time
Office Assistant - Part time
5323 Harry Hines, Dallas, TX
• Works under immediate supervision to provide clerical and/or typing support in performance of variety of office duties which may be simple to moderately complex in nature. Experience with EPIC and Microsoft Office suite preferred.
Monday-Friday Part time (4 hours a day 5 days a week) flexible on time
1. Coordinates variety of office functions, such as arranging for custodial and maintenance service, maintaining inventory of office equipment, coordinating maintenance and repair of office equipment, and providing for office services, such as mail, telephones, security, etc.
2. Opens, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and correspondence.
3. Acts as receptionist for office or department; receives visitors and provides routine information; provides visitors with appropriate documents and instructional information as needed.
4. Answers telephone calls and directs calls to appropriate personnel; answers routine questions.
5. Maintains various office records, reports, and files.
6. Types correspondence, form letters, requisitions, lists, purchase orders, reports, and other material from clear copy, simple rough drafts, or specific instructions.
7. Makes copies; faxes documents; makes deliveries on and off campus; performs office support functions.
8. Maintains standard computer databases, spreadsheets, or other computerized information; ensures data is accurate, complete, and entered in timely manner; generates computer reports.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
High school graduation or GED and no experience required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
• Work requires ability to understand and follow procedures or other guidelines of simple to moderate complexity in performance of duties
• Work requires ability to make basic decisions regarding sequence of work or similar matters on daily basis.
• Work requires basic knowledge of computers, office equipment, basic keyboarding skills, spelling, and other clerical tasks. *
• Work requires ability to read and write.
• Work requires ability to communicate effectively with various levels of internal and external contacts.
• Work requires ability to work with confidential information on daily basis.
We support a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against employees and applicants for employment on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.