National Patient Safety Risk Manager (10908)
Management | Remote in Remote, San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is sourcing for a National Patient Safety Risk Manager to remotely with our potential client. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing patient safety programs. The National Patient Safety Risk Manager supervises the investigation of errors and then plans for resolution of all safety related incidents staff, contractors, patients, and situations posing a threat. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Responsible for the development, execution and management of a comprehensive safety and risk management program.
- Works collaboratively with other stakeholders on applying Root Cause Analysis of medical sentinel events, misadventures, and significant adverse occurrences.
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures, Policies, and contingency plans to reduce and control risks and liabilities.
- Conducts detailed risk assessments by observing and assessing internal operations, reviewing current risk management policies and protocols, analyzing available data and understanding legal and contractual obligations.
- Prepares and presents monthly, quarterly and annual regular risk assessment reports and proposals.
- Prepares and implements risk management strategies and monitors incidents.
- Conducts annual patient safety risk inspections of each medical unit and works closely with the Regional Patient Safety Risk Managers to maintain medical units readiness status.
- Creates and deploys OSHA requirement training and education solutions to Regional Patient Safety Managers and provide risk control audits to ensure appropriate compliance and contribute to establishing a safety-first culture.
- Conducts ad hoc onsite visits of the medical units as needed or required.
- Attends national and local onsite staff meetings and collaboratively lead MQM initiatives and reviews.
- Effectively creates spreadsheets, diagrams, PowerPoint presentations and other forms of training or reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, or a clinically related field required. Master’s Degree in Nursing, Risk Management, or a related field preferred.
- 2+ years of risk management and/or patient safety experience in an acute or ambulatory care setting.
- 2+ years of clinical experience in an acute care setting.
- Experience in detention or correctional healthcare, ambulatory care or a pediatric care setting preferred.
- Prefer certification in Patient Safety (CPPS) or Healthcare Risk Management (CPHRM)
- Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification in National Incident Management System (NIMS), or FEMA course certification Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals, or other FEMA training in Patient Safety and Risk Management, preferred.
- Ability to travel as needed.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.