National Patient Safety Quality Management Director (10913)
Management | Remote in Remote, Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is sourcing for a National Patient Safety Quality Management Director to work with our potential client. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, execution and management of a comprehensive quality health, safety, and risk management program. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Works collaboratively with the National Medical Director on applying Root Cause Analysis of medical sentinel events, misadventures, and significant adverse occurrences to include tracking, trending, and managing any corrective action plans.
- Develops and maintains a tracking system for all incidents, noting trends and any significant findings in a quarterly summary in support of the Medical Quality Management (MQM) Plan.
- Develops and manages the duties and responsibilities of the Patient Safety Risk Manager (PSRM) at each sector/region.
- Collaboratively leads the National Medical Quality Management meetings and oversees the completion of minutes, attendance and follow through on items discussed.
- Develops and implements Standard Operating Procedures and Policies for the medical units.
- Monitors staff compliance with established policies and procedures and develops and maintains a training schedule and curriculum to maintain staff competencies.
- Oversees compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- Responsible for ensuring staff training and competencies on all OSHA required training and elevate recommendations to leadership for supplies, equipment or processes requiring modifications.
- Conducts ad hoc onsite visits of the medical units as needed or required. All site visit findings will be submitted to the National Medical Director and National Program Manager for appropriate corrective actions and follow-up.
- Coordinates and develops continuous quality assurance and performance improvement criteria for use to monitor compliance with standards and regulatory requirements through record reviews, interviews, and reviews of other applicable evidentiary material.
- May be required to travel for meetings, as needed.
- Effectively create spreadsheets, diagrams, PowerPoint presentations and other forms of training or reporting with support for InGenesis Shared Services.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
- Graduate from an accredited baccalaureate Registered Nurse Program located in a State or territory of the United States or the District of Columbia.
- Minimum five years of clinical experience in direct patient care as a registered nurse and at least three years of experience in risk management, patient safety and quality management.
- Experience in detention or correctional healthcare, ambulatory care or a pediatric care setting preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Candidate must not have had any professional licensure or certification withheld, suspended, revoked, or denied and the candidate must not have surrendered or allowed a professional license or certification to have expired or lapsed due to of an investigation or disciplinary action.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.