Microbiologist Supervisor (13284)
Microbiologist | Exton, PA | Contract
Work Location: Exton, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a Microbiologist Supervisor to work with our client located in Exton, PA. In this role, you will supervise a team that performs molecular virology using PCR protocols and immunology testing for the detection of public health infectious diseases.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Oversee mailroom staff and demo entry staff.
• Perform full range of supervisory responsibilities (assign/review work, approve leave requests, etc.).
• Coordinate molecular virology activities in support of testing for a public health outbreak response.
• Monitor quality assurance in all phases.
• Manage and review laboratory testing results.
• Ensure timely reporting to laboratory and public health partners.
• Monitor CLIA compliance in quality assurance and quality control policies.
• Provide technical consultation and training on technical matters.
• Ensure their understanding of virology testing and surveillance.
• Provide customer service via telephone, providing timely laboratory results and laboratory status updates.
• Ensure the proper collection of the specimens in the public health laboratory.
• Develop and implement training and cross-training plans.
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree including 20 credits in biology (such as microbiology, bacteriology, immunology, physiology, genetics, etc.) and 12 credits in chemistry or biochemistry.
• Graduate degree in microbiology.
• With bachelor’s degree: 2+ years of professional laboratory experience in microbiology.
• With graduate degree: 1+ year of professional laboratory experience in microbiology.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.