Medical Technologist (9790)
Medical Technologist | Irving, TX | Contract
InGenesis currently has a Direct Hire opportunity for a Medical Technologist to work with our client located in Irving, TX. In this role, you will work with a world leader in the drug screening industry and in a career where you can expand your skills and knowledge.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Follow procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test result.
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens.
- Analyze specimens using approved testing procedures.
- Review and release test results.
- Follow CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and safety guidelines.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and all maintenance performed.
- Follow the laboratory's established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory's established acceptable levels of performance.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results, correct the problems encountered or immediately notify the senior technologist or supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Follow department's procedure in reporting STATS or Critical results to clients.
- Answer questions from customers or other lab personnel, as needed.
- Perform other duties as necessary or assigned.
- BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology OR Associates degree in a laboratory science or Medical Technology.
- Preferred: BS in Medical Technology.
- 1+ year of chromatography experience.
- Required with BS/BA in Chemistry or Biology: 1+ year of clinical experience in high complexity testing.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.