Medical Technologist (9375)
Medical Technologist | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Technologist to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will perform clinical testing on patient specimens, interpret the results, and report them to the appropriate members of the clinical care team.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Perform and interpret various immunofluorescence, enzyme immunoassay, latex agglutination, and nucleic acid amplification procedures.
- Perform all appropriate quality control procedures to ensure that the results produced are reliable.
- Perform instrument maintenance and address any instrumentation issues.
- Follows section’s inventory control system to assure effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Facilitate resolutions to problems and address needs of the clients.
- Enter specimen data into computer system(s).
- Analyze and evaluate patient results correctly and appropriately.
- Store patient information and results to allow easy future access as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Molecular Genetic Technology.
- OR Completion of Accredited Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science program.
- Preferred: Registered Medical Laboratory Scientist or Registered Clinical Laboratory Specialist.
- With Bachelor's degree: 1+ year of clinical lab experience.
- Current immunizations.
- Current BLS certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.