Medical Records Technician (9683)
Medical Records | Fort Worth, TX | Full Time
InGenesis is currently sourcing for a Medical Record Technician to work with our potential client located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area. This position is dependent on contract award. In this role, you will manage a high volume of medical records daily to include intake, discharge, and requests for records from outside sources.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepare, update, and maintain medical records for each patient ensuring accuracy of information.
- Maintain appointment system for patients and clinical staff where applicable.
- Track compliance with scheduled patient appointments.
- Make reminder notices or calls to the clinic and staff prior to each appointment where applicable.
- Determine coding for relevant medical record forms from appropriate references.
- File/scan reports in appropriate sections of electronic medical record.
- Route clinical reports to appropriate clinic staff.
- Archive clinical information from the medical record within prescribed time period.
- Request pertinent medical information to place in the medical record.
- Track requests and perform follow-up ensuring receipt of information requested.
- Review all documentation for completeness.
- Route incomplete documents to appropriate provider for correction prior to placing/scanning in the medical records.
- Retrieve and transport required/requested medical records to appropriate provider.
- Use multiple mediums to process a variety of narrative and tabular material.
- Maintain high level of proficiency and ease of use utilizing electronic health records.
- Attend and participate in general/medical staff meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year of experience in a healthcare setting as a medical record technician, medical record clerk, unit secretary, or similar position where the processing of electronic medical/health records was part of the daily responsibilities.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong skillset in communication, critical thinking, interpersonal relations, and organization.
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office programs and electronic health records.
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Preferred: Experience in a detention/correctional or residential healthcare setting.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.