Medical Records Quality Assurance Specialist (10872)
Administrative | Remote, San Antonio, TX | Full Time
InGenesis is currently sourcing for a Medical Records Quallity Assurance Specialist to work remotely with our Corporate office located in San Antonio. TX. In this role, you will assist in revieiwing all assignment transactions for accuracy and compliance. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Reads, understands, interprets, and analyzes medical records and forms.
- Organizes records and documents.
- Sends notifications to requestor when applicable.
- Completes internal quality assurance review as directed.
- Communicates with company personnel in a professional and friendly manner.
- Supports the resolution of compliance issues related to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”), in a timely manner.
- Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, additional education in Health Information is preferred.
- RHIT certification or the ability to take and pass an ROI Certification course is preferred.
- 2+ years of experience completing clerical or office work.
- Experience using general office equipment including desktop computer, scanner, etc.
- Must be able to use components of Microsoft Office Suite to complete tasks and possess the ability to learn additional software applications.
- Experience in a healthcare setting, preferred.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and state regulations related to the release of Protected Health Information, preferred.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and concisely to relay information to other departments.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be detail oriented.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.