Medical Records Manager (11407)
Medical Records | Laredo, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Records Manager to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and protecting all patient electronic and paper medical records at an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) that provides residential and medical services to Unaccompanied Children (UC). This position ensures that all medical information is complete, accurate, and restricted for access only to appropriate medical personnel.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Provides leadership and directs work processes and personnel in managing patient medical records.
- Creates training for the electronic medical records system and acts as the EMR system administrator to oversee the use of software and security of the system.
- Supervises medical records staff which includes hiring, orienting, training, assigning and reviewing work performance, annual work performance appraisals, and discipline.
- Creates, monitors, and ensures appropriate retention, classification, grading, and destruction of medical record documents in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manages records databases and ensures their availability for continued use by medical staff.
- Communicates with medical staff personnel who will potentially access patient medical documentation.
- Keeps medical records secure, via online encryption, password protection, and secure filing practices for any paper records.
- Retrieves patient medical records whenever approved medical staff require them and refiles records as necessary.
- Oversees the collection of records from outside health care institutions to ensure continuity of care for patients currently in custody
- Ensures program operations, policies, and procedures are in compliance with ORR, State, and Federal statutes.
- Participates in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborates with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s in Health Information Management of Related Field
- Previous Health Information Management and supervisory experience
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) certification preferred.
Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documents. The physical demands include, but are not limited to, standing, sitting, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, handling, kneeling, crouching, and bending
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.