Medical Records Director (8335)
Medical Records | Scranton, PA | Contract
Work Location: Scranton, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Records Director to oversee the facility department responsible for the establishment, classification, and maintenance of medical records and documents. In this role, you will develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure proper medical record completion, maintenance, and compliance.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Classify and maintain admission and discharge priority order to resident medical records.
• Supervise medical records personnel (review work, performance evaluation, disciplinary action, etc.).
• Develop and implement policies/procedures.
• Train team members on proper documentation strategies.
• Facilitate availability of medical record packets to streamline admission process.
• Conduct frequent documentation reviews to ensure compliance.
• Implement program evaluation and quality assurance studies to monitor documentation process.
• Prepare or present medical records requested per regulation.
• Track individuals filing or withdrawing medical records.
• Analyze statistical data on admissions, discharges, deaths, leaves of absence, etc.
• Implement effective system to purge medical records seven years post discharge.
• Code diseases and conditions for necessary documentation forms.
• Prepare physician service records for billing.
• Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
• Identify and correct safety hazards for residents and staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Registration as a Medical Records Administrator ( RHIT / Registered Health Information Technician or RHIA / Registered Health Information Administrator ) through AHIMA.
• Registration as AND 2+ years’ experience as a Medical Records Technician.
• Registration as a Medical Records Technician AND 4+ years’ experience in the preparation, classification, and abstracting of medical reports in a medical records department.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.