Medical Records Clerk (9463)
Administrative | Baraga, MI | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Records Clerk to work with our client located in Baraga, MI. In this role, you will review, authorize, and monitor services provided and received under workers’ compensation claims.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Review all medical/surgical billings for reasonable and necessary charges.
- Examine coding of operative reports, procedures, and complicated surgeries.
- Recommend appropriate payments of dispute of billing as necessary.
- Provide second review and authorization of questionable payments.
- Evaluate claim referred for medical management investigation or documentation as necessary.
- Interoperate Workers’ Disability Compensation Act to individual claimant.
- Confer with legal staff where appropriate establish agency position.
- Respond to questions via phone and mail.
- Assist and advise claims examiners on the monitoring of claimants’ medical treatment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1+ year of related or similar experience.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Professional communication skills (written/verbal)
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.