Medical Records Abstractor (13505)
Medical Records | Harrisburg, PA | Contract
Work Location: Harrisburg, PA
InGenesis is currently seeking a full-time Medical Records Abstractor to work remotely with our client located in Harrisburg, PA. In this role, you will provide comprehensive reviews of hospital discharge summaries, diagnostic indices, and other documentation within medical records to identify and confirm disease diagnoses.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Identify potential cases of COVID-19 in pregnant women.
• Request medical records for review.
• Coordinate remote access or in-hospital visits to perform medical record abstraction.
• Respond to and mitigate barriers to completing assigned work on time.
• Abstract demographic diagnostic, clinical, epidemiologic, and administrative data from medical records into a computerized case record.
• Code disease diagnoses based on ICD-10 medical coding system.
• Act as liaison between the Surveillance Program and area facilities, working toward the establishment of remote access to medical records.
• Generate and compile reports as necessary and in coordination with supervisor and team members.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in nursing, public health, or related field.
• Preferred: 1+ year of experience as a clinical research coordinator or work in maternal mortality review, health-related registries, including cancer, fetal/infant mortality review, etc.
• May consider associate degree with 3+ years’ experience in clinical research or a health-related registry.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.