Medical Office Billing Clerk (10097)
Administrative | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Office Billing Clerk to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, under direct supervision, you will perform any combination of routine verifications and authorizations to obtain insurance data for use in preparing statements to patient’s insurance carriers.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Obtains referral/authorization for scheduled services.
- Processes in-bound calls from patients, patient representatives, insurance companies, and other departments to provide assistance and resolve patient account billing inquiries.
- Resolves inquiries in a quick and accurate manner based on policies and procedures.
- Maintains records of contacts and agreements with patients or patient representatives.
- Ensures integrity and completeness of account system to include demographics, coverage and guarantor information with an emphasis on denial management.
- Responsible for account maintenance quality as directed by management team in accordance with system policy and processes.
- Participates in quality control and solution recommendations to include notification to management team of process issues.
- Prepares accurate and thorough documentation of all issues related to team business within Epic PM.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- 1 year related experience is required. Medical/Dental coding experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes/other email software.
- Experience with Availity, Experian and TMHP.
- Preferred skills: medical insurance verifications, authorizations and patient registration.
- Physical Requirements: Lifting, Talking, Standing, Walking, Repetitive hand motion, Pushing, Pulling, Kneeling, Typing, Reaching, Stooping, Grasping, Hearing, Sitting
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.