Medical Laboratory Scientist (10441)
Scientists | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will perform independently the analytical methodology employed in the clinical laboratories.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Performs all laboratory testing specific to the assigned section.
- Remains knowledgeable and competent for all policies, procedures and protocols.
- Ensures and verifies quality control data is appropriate for the complexity of the reported tests.
- Troubleshoots and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Follows section’s inventory control system to assure effective use of supplies and reagents.
- Completes, verifies and reports testing in timely manner.
- Complies with safety guidelines and procedures and adheres to regulatory mandates.
- Enhances productivity and laboratory lab functions by demonstrating dependability.
- Assists peers and supervisors with tasks after completion of assigned work.
- Works independently, utilizes resources available to maximize efficiency.
- Manages all customer service interact1`ions with diplomacy, actively facilitating resolutions to problems and addressing the needs of clients both internal and external.
- Properly acquires specimen data into computer system(s).
- Accurately analyzes and evaluates patient results.
- Stores patient information and results to allow easy future access as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree -OR- Bachelor's degree in Molecular Genetic Technology -OR- completion of an accredited Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science program.
- 1-year clinical laboratory experience required with Bachelor's degree.
- Certification in one of the following preferred: Technologist/Scientist certification in Blood Banking (BB), Chemistry (C), Hematology (H), Microbiology (M), Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or Molecular Biology (MB) by the American Society of Clinical Pathologists (ASCP) Board of Registry (BOR) -OR- Certified Histocompatability (CHT) by the American Society of Histocompatability and Immunogenetics (ASHI) -OR- Medical Technologist (MT) or Molecular Diagnostics Technologist (MDT) by the American Medical Technologists (AMT).
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.