Medical Lab Technician (10519)
Laboratory | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Lab Technician to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will perform medical laboratory tests and procedures of moderate complexity in accordance with applicable guidelines.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now, and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Performs blood tests and clinical analysis of blood and other body fluids to determine chemical components as ordered for patient care.
- Performs quality control checks of instruments, solutions, and test results against established standards.
- Maintains quality assurance and proficiency testing as required by CLIA.
- Performs venipuncture and capillary punctures on patients.
- Identifies and labels specimens.
- Performs routine laboratory procedures such as accessioning specimens, sourcing samples, conducting analyzer’s maintenance and calibrations and performing bench work activities.
- Collects data, prepares reports, answers correspondence, and compiles statistics as directed.
- Attend required meetings and participate in committees as requested.
- Performs other related work as required.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Associate degree in medical technology.
- Preferred but not required: Certification as a Laboratory Technician or equivalent, per state regulations (ISCLT, NCA)
- Preferred: 3+ years’ experience as a laboratory technician in a clinical laboratory.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge to the practical aspects of the general laboratory activities, efficiently and with a caring attitude.
- Ability to analyze and solve technical problems.
- Must have documentation of training appropriate for the testing performed prior to analysis of any specimens.
Special Knowledge: Knowledgeable on the general aspects of testing for the following
- Chemistry - general & special
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
EEO Statement on Job Postings:
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation in the hiring process, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.