Medical Coding Specialist / CPC (13018)
Certified Professional Coder | Columbia, SC | Contract
Medical Coding Specialist / CPC
Work Location: Columbia, SC
InGenesis is currently seeking a highly qualified Medical Coding Specialist / Certified Professional Coder to work with our client located in Columbia, SC. In this role, you will review medical documentation and perform a variety of coding validations for multiple lines of business under Medicare.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Determine accuracy of billing and payment.
• Reassign and sequence diagnostic and procedural codes.
• Compile and analyze statistics to determine focus areas for targeted medical review activities.
• Conduct validation reviews coordinating rate adjustments and adjudication of corresponding claims.
• Utilize Grouper, Rover, MDS QC tool, or other appropriate software for code validation.
• Provide coding guidance to clinical review staff.
• Develop necessary training or reference materials for review staff.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Associate degree in Health Information Management or successful completion of examination offered by AHIMA or AAPC.
• Certification as Certified Coding Specialist / CCS or Certified Professional Coder / CPC.
• 1+ year of experience in ICD-9, DRG, APC, HIPPS, HCPCS, or RUG coding and validation.
• Working knowledge of word processing software.
• Knowledge/understanding of medical terminology and medical coding.
• Demonstrated customer service skills.
• Proficiency in spelling and grammar.
• Analytical or critical thinking skills.
• Ability to handle confidential information.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.