Medical Coding Consultant (12171)
Certified Professional Coder | Baton Rouge, LA | Contract
Work Location: Baton Rouge, LA
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Coding Consultant to work remotely for our client located in Baton Rouge, LA. In this role, you will serve as the Risk Optimization’s medical coding specialist and will review/validate medical documentation to determine diagnosis accuracy.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Serve as Risk Optimization representative for ICD-10 implementation.
• Conduct coding validation reviews.
• Provide written medical coding responses to various groups.
• Provide responses in a prompt and efficient manner.
• Support medical coding-related activities for client.
• Make formal and informal presentations on medical coding issues.
• Provide continuing education and clarification on medical coding-related processes.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Certified Professional Coding credentials, required (CPC, CRC, CCS, or other AAPC or AHIMA specialized medical credentials).
• 2+ years’ experience with application of ICD-10 CM coding and AHA coding guidelines.
• Preferred: Medical coding in a clinical setting or medical record review/audit experience.
• Extensive experience with provider billing practices, Correct Coding Initiative edits, Physician Specialty guidelines, payor reimbursement programs, claims adjudication processes, and regulatory agency policies (CMS/HCFA), required.
• Strong knowledge of disease processes and medical/surgical procedures, required.
• Understanding of medical terminology, required.
• Access to PC and internet (remote position).
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.