Medical Case Manager (11969)
Case Management | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Case Manager to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for evaluating and monitoring treatment plans for Unaccompanied Children (UC) who are assigned to an Influx Care Facility (ICF) designated by the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR). This position will create case progress reports, act as an advocate, and ensure UCs are well informed regarding their care and treatment options.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Handles case assignments of UC designated for medical care, reviewing records, and conducting orientation.
- Coordinates and provides UC care based on an approved treatment plan.
- Facilitates aspects of the UC’s treatment plan, such as care coordination.
- Records all case information, such as care procedures, appointments, and check-ups.
- Arranges for the intervention of medical staff or governmental agencies when needed.
- Determines the need for therapeutic, psycho-social, or psychiatric evaluations based on patient progress.
- Interacts with the UC to ensure they are informed about their treatment plan and answers any questions they may have.
- Evaluates UC’s progress and writes case reports to determine case closure.
- Builds strong relationships with the medical team throughout the case management process.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepares presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing or related healthcare field
- Previous experience as a clinical case manager or similar role
- Healthcare related license, certification, or registration.
- Bilingual (Spanish/ English) preferred.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.