Medical Assistant / MA / CMA - Associate (10393)
Medical Assistants | San Antonio, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant / MA / CMA - Associate to work with our client located in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will be responsible for general clinical duties such as taking vital signs, giving injections, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment, and maintaining examination rooms at an outpatient care site.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Calls patient to triage area to take vital signs, completes assessments and document in EMR/chart.
- Calls patient to triage area to take vital signs, complete assessments and update patient charts.
- Prepares patients as needed for examination.
- Maintains patient flow in and out of exam room, prepares patients as needed for examination to ensure patients are seen in a timely manner.
- Draws blood, gives injections and performs minor exam procedures.
- Processes labs and delivers appropriately.
- Performs administrative duties and documents patient exams in electronic health record, noting specifically the exam, components, diagnoses, treatment plans, orders, and medications as dictated by the physician or provider.
- Cleans and prepares examination rooms prior to patient appointments.
- Assists in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate from a Medical Assistant program is required.
- CPR is required.
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification is preferred.
- Knowledge of EPIC software; may be required to be EPIC super user.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.