Medical Assistant / MA (10328)
Medical Assistants | Austin, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work with our client located in Austin, TX. In this role, you will assist with the delivery of patient care for University Health Services, primarily assigned to the Proactive Community Testing (PCT) clinic.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Performs check in/check-out procedures, verifies required compliance is complete, and accession laboratory order.
- Provides appropriate collection instructions and assists with collection of nasopharyngeal, anterior nares or saliva collection for SARS-CoV-2 test.
- Assists with specimen processing and transport. Will drive UT vehicle as needed.
- Assists with set up and cleanup of PCT sites.
- Assists with result notification.
- Participates in other activities as appropriate and performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Completion of an accredited Medical Assistant program, certificate of registration as a Medical Assistant, or formal medical services training in the United States Armed Forces.
- Relevant education and experience may be substituted as appropriate.
- CPR certification required
- Preferred: Six months of experience as a Medical or Nursing Assistant.
- Six months of experience in an ambulatory, outpatient or urgent care clinic, emergency room, or college health.
- Experience using a personal computer and performing clerical functions.
- Experience using electronic medical records, Microsoft Word/Excel software Windows environment.
- Experience working in the front office of a healthcare/medical clinic.
- Experience working in a student health center.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of protected health information.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully work with a diverse community and provide services from a non-judgmental perspective.
- Exhibits customer service-oriented behavior and excellent public relations skills in all aspects of work.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.