Medical Assistant / MA (10285)
Medical Assistants | Cleveland, OH | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work with our client located in Cleveland, OH. In this role, you will work under limited supervision, assisting the clinical staff with technical work and routine nursing care of all patients, receive visitors in a pleasant and professional manner, screen calls and visitors according to office procedures, perform clerical and typing duties as assigned and assist intake nursing in making appointments as defined in appointment procedure manual.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Prepare patients for examination.
- Take brief medical histories.
- Assist the health care provider during the examination, if needed
- Collect and prepare laboratory specimens.
- Dispose of contaminated supplies and sterilize medical instruments.
- Take temperature, pulse, respiration, and weight/height and record findings on appropriate lists or within the electronic medical record.
- Arrange examining room instruments and equipment.
- Maintain cleanliness of waiting and examining rooms.
- Collect and deliver urine, feces, sputum specimens.
- Report pertinent information regarding patient’s symptoms/behavior.
- Record statistical information on appropriate reports.
- Greet all visitors in a pleasant and professional manner.
- Answer telephones, screen calls, relay messages or routing to appropriate area for further action, respond efficiently and accurately to all callers.
- Maintain appointment schedule.
- Prepare and maintain medical files in accordance with departmental requirements and in addition to the electronic medical record; copy related materials.
- Process written and telephone requests for specific information.
- Receive, sort, open, and distributing mail.
- Perform clerical tasks of a routine nature e.g., maintain and search files, photocopy materials.
- Assist with UHS Supply inventory as needed
- Assist with outreach health activities as needed (IE Vaccine or health testing clinics) performing duties such as greeter, data management, clinician support.
- Perform other functionally related duties as assigned.
- Experience: 2 to 3 years of experience in the clinical area of a physician’s office, emergency room, urgent care, or other health care facility.
- Education: High school education required. Completion of Medical Assistance program
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skill.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office and Electronic Medical Records desirable.
- Ability to use a centrifuge preferred.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.