Medical Assistant - Day (11990)
Medical Assistants | Las Cruces , NM | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant - Day to work with our client. In this role, you will provide on-site direct care under the direction of a Registered Nurse (RN), as well as the Director of Nursing (DON) and Chief Medical Officer (CMO), related to supporting the unique needs of the Unaccompanied Children (UC) population. Support UC health and wellness including immunizations, family planning, reproductive health, and all activities relating to the unification of UC with an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) vetted sponsor.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
Why choose us?
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance for full-time employees.
- Additional rate per hour for Health & Welfare to help with insurance costs.
- 2 weeks of paid time off (PTO) for full-time employees.
- Enjoy 11 Paid Federal Holidays.
- Sick leave.
- Exciting bonus every 6 months.
- Conduct intake services for incoming UC.
- Provide basic needs and supplies to UC upon arrival.
- Monitor behavioral management and therapeutic activities.
- Perform crisis intervention as needed.
- Provide safe, clean-living space.
- Conduct regular and consistent headcounts of UC under care.
- Document interactions. progress, and forms in database.
- Assist UC with social skills, anger management, and daily living skills.
- Plan and implement social and recreational activities.
- Accompany UC to therapy sessions, airport, appointments, outings, etc.
- Follow individual and behavior support plans to provide appropriate services to UC.
- Report UC safety hazards and risks.
- Assist in evacuation of UC as needed due to inclement weather conditions, natural disasters, or other unforeseen occurrences.
- Ensure program operations, goals, and objectives are being met and the UC receives the highest quality of services and support.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in scheduled meetings.
- Prepare presentations and or training as needed.
- Communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English.
- Collaborate with other staff members, service providers and professionals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Active, unrestricted certification as a Medical Assistant.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- 1+ year of experience in the child welfare field, working with children or adolescents.
- Skilled in conflict resolution and de-escalation.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written).
- Strong organizational and task prioritization skills.
- Proficient with basic computer skills, Microsoft Office, and documentation programs/databases.
- Must be able to work extended shifts during periods of influx, including 12-hr shifts at least once a week. Weekend rotations may be required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) (required)
- Required to respond to any medical emergency, fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured, or aging patients exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling, or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing. (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must be able to lift, push, and carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces for long periods of time.
- Frequently required to operate a computer and file and retrieve written documentation.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and random drug screens throughout employment.
- Provide proof of work eligibility status upon request.
- Pass all pertinent required background checks and child abuse and neglect checks.
- Maintain computer literacy required to meet the responsibilities of the position.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.