Medical Assistant (13368)
Certified Medical Assistant | Houston, TX | Contract
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work as an Ambulatory Services Coordinator with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will serve as a supporting member of a clinical team in the delivery of care to patients in the neurosciences division.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Perform appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures.
• Prepare for, and assist with, routine and specialty procedures.
• Schedule patients for follow up appointments or referrals.
• Perform routine clerical duties such as photocopying, scanning, and faxing.
• Perform telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
• Room patients consistent with clinic needs.
• Determine and document chief complaint and reason for visit.
• Obtain vital signs, medication list, allergies, smoking history, and other information as required by clinic.
• Keep patients informed of delays and progress of clinical appointments.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Completion of Medical Assistant training program.
• Certification as CMA, RMA, CCMA, or NCMA.
• 3+ years of experience in a healthcare setting.
• Current BLS certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.