Medical Assistant (12673)
Certified Medical Assistant | Houston, TX | Contract
Work Location: Houston, TX
InGenesis currently has several openings for a Medical Assistant to work with our client located in Houston, TX. In this role, you will conduct COVID-19 screenings at a screening site and act as lead technical assistant in preparing patients for medical visits/procedures.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply now and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Assist with patient examinations, treatments, and procedures.
• Prepare/stock rooms.
• Escort patients to rooms.
• Obtain vital signs and prepare patients for physician's care.
• Document patient care entries and completed lab work.
• Review and sort incoming lab results and forward for review.
• Collect/perform waived laboratory testing (such as finger stick glucose and EKG tests).
• Provide transportation of patients for discharge or transfer to other areas in hospital.
• Position, lift and move patients as needed.
• Clean, store, and coordinate maintenance of medical equipment.
• Maintain inventories of laboratory and medical supplies.
• Process all required paperwork.
• Instruct patients as to test preparations according to planned procedure.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Preferred: Graduate of a Medical Assistant program.
• 1+ year of experience as a medical assistant.
• With preferred training, no experience necessary.
• Preferred: Certification as CMA or RMA.
• Preferred: Current CPR certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.