Medical Assistant (12372)
Certified Medical Assistant-Outpatient | San Antonio, TX | Contract
Work Location: San Antonio, TX
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work with our client in San Antonio, TX. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of medical and clinical support functions in an outpatient clinical setting.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Intake patients by obtaining vital signs, weight, etc.
• Obtain history, chief complaint, medications, allergies, EKG, etc.
• Perform timely and accurate documentation of all care.
• Report all pertinent findings to Physicians.
• Manage patient’s appointments according to doctor’s schedule and protocols.
• Triage calls.
• Answer messages from patients by clinic policy.
• Handle all medication refills or request via clinic policy.
• Prepare charts for next scheduled clinic.
• Provide physician with test/lab results and medical records.
• May assist with clinical and laboratory procedures.
• May administer common medications according to unit guidelines and providers’ orders.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Graduate from a Medical Assistant program.
• 3+ years of directly related experience as a Medical Assistant.
• Current CPR, TB and HEP B immunization/Titer.
• Preferred: Certified Medical Assistant / CMA certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.