Medical Assistant (10937)
Medical Assistants | Taylor, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing Medical Assistant candidates to work for our potential client. In this role, you will function as a team member, coordinating patient care with other healthcare staff. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provide direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted privileges.
- Provide treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- Complete required competency assessment successfully and updates annually and/or as requested.
- Perform functions in accordance with current accepted practice and certification.
- Provide patient care under the supervision of licensed health care staff to include the registered nurse (RN), nurse practitioners (NP), physician assistant (PA), physician, dentist, psychiatrist, pharmacist, or behavioral health provider (BHP).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Graduate of an approved Medical Assistant Program.
- Active, unrestricted certification as a Medical Assistant. Certified by one of the following:
- Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) by the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA),
- Registered Medical Assistant by the American Society of Medical Technologists (AMT),
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA),
- National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA) by the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT), or
- National Registered title of Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA) by the National Health Association for Health Professionals
- One (1) year of experience as a medical assistant in a clinical setting (preferred).
- Verbal proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.