Medical Assistant (10427)
Medical Assistants | Katy, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Assistant to work with our client located in Katy, TX. In this role, you will join the neurosciences clinic and support day-to-day operations for assigned providers.
Apply today and we'll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Promote quality patient care and customer service/satisfaction.
- Participate in planning and preparing for patient visits.
- Ensure appropriate schedules, test results, and clinic specific requirements are available.
- Room patients consistent with clinic needs.
- Determine and document chief complaint and reason for visit.
- Obtain vital signs, medication list, allergies, smoking history, and other information as required by clinic.
- Keep patients informed of delays and progress of clinical appointments.
- Perform appropriate hearing and vision testing, EKG, spirometry, point of care testing, specimen collection, equipment cleaning/reprocessing and other requested procedures.
- Prepare and stock rooms and clinic supplies.
- Clean rooms appropriately between patients.
- Prepare for and assist with routine and specialty procedures.
- Schedule patients for follow up appointments or referrals.
- Perform routine clerical duties for team and staff to include photocopying, scanning and faxing.
- Perform telephone messaging and in person screening with appropriate follow up.
- Respond to emergency situations.
- Respect and maintain privacy and confidentiality per HIPPA guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Completion of an approved Medical Assistant training program.
- 3+ years of experience in a healthcare setting.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certified.
- Certification (CMA, RMA, CCMA, NCMA) may be required.
- Exerts up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently and/or up to 10 pounds constantly to move objects.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
EEO Statement on Job Postings:
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation in the hiring process, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.