Medical Appointment Clerk (9194)
Administrative | Stratford, NJ | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Medical Appointment Clerk to work with our client located in Stratford, NJ. In this role, you will answer incoming calls within a call center to schedule appointments, answer questions from patients, and take messages for nursing staff.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
• Call patients or respond to secure messaging submissions to schedule, reschedule, and/or cancel appointments.
• Determine patient eligibility for services from phone calls, secured messaging or other methods used for appointment requests.
• May be required to register patients not already in computer system, such as newborns.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date patient schedules and logs.
• Validate basic patient demographic information prior to booking appointment for patients. Make required updates.
• Provide patient with specific visit instruction.
• Pull records and file documentation as needed.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 6+ months of experience in medical office scheduling.
• Fully qualified typist (computer keyboard) with a minimum of 50 WPM is required.
• Proficiency in the English language.
• Use of standard office equipment, such as personal computers, copiers, fax machines, and telephone systems.
• Possess general medical ethics, telephone etiquette, and excellent communication and customer service skills.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.