LPN - LVN | Houston, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for LVN/LPN candidates to work for our potential client. In this role, you will provide care to assigned patients that meets their physical, psychological, social, cultural, spiritual, and developmental needs. Functions as a contributing member of the health care team. This position is dependent on contract award.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Provide direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and perform functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing, and granted privileges.
- Provide treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- May be expected to respond to and coordinate response to medical emergencies.
- Evaluate health care needs of residents and assists RN in the development of nursing care plans to meet those needs.
- Must adhere to practical nursing principles, procedures and techniques for appropriate patient care and take direction from registered nurses and onsite administrative personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an approved, accredited Vocational/Practical Nurse program located in a state, the District of Columbia, or a U.S. territory.
- Current, full and unrestricted LVN/LPN license in the state of Texas.
- One year of professional experience as a licensed vocational nurse/licensed practical nurse.
- BLS certification through the American Heart Association®.
- Ability to pass a federal government security background check.
- Verbal and written proficiency in Spanish (preferred, not required).
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case-by-case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must be capable of standing on hard surfaces (cement floors) for long periods of time.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.