Licensed Vocational Nurse / LVN (9682)
LPN - LVN | Fort Worth, TX | Contract
InGenesis is currently sourcing for a Licensed Vocational Nurse / LVN to work with our potential client located in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro area. This position is dependent on contract award. In this role, you will evaluate the health care needs of unaccompanied children (UC) and assist RNs in the development of nursing care plans to meet those needs.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Perform technical patient care and related clerical functions by coordinating all elements of the child’s care.
- Provide direct care to patients within discipline scope of practice.
- Interview children and record their medical history and physical condition.
- Obtain patient vital signs, including pulse, blood pressure, temperature, and respiration.
- Administer injections or prescribed medications.
- Clean and dress wounds.
- Assist with other basic medical care tasks.
- Collect samples for lab testing as assigned.
- Observe children for change in physical, social, or mental status.
- Document signs and symptoms and report as necessary.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to medical emergencies.
- Assist with gathering UC data during sick call and medical appointments.
- Maintain safety when dispensing medications and maintain cognizance of potential hazards of drug hoarding.
- Document patient/resident encounters according to current standards of care using electronic health records.
- Provide emotional and psychological support when needed.
- Work collaboratively with an interdisciplinary team to ensure the needs of children are met.
- Assure proper procedures are always followed.
- Plan and manage patient care according to each patient's needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Current LVN license in the state of Texas.
- 1+ year of LVN/LPN nursing experience.
- Preferred: 2+ years of experience.
- Clean criminal background check.
- Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) check.
- Must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing.
- Preferred: Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Preferred: Experience working in welfare services, or public/community-based service organizations.
- Preferred: Current CPR/BLS certification.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.