Licensed Vocational Nurse / LVN (12486)
LPN - LVN | San Jose, CA | Contract | From $36.23 to $36.23 per hour
InGenesis is seeking an LVN to work with our client. In this role, you will be responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating patient care.
If you meet the qualifications outlined below, apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Collaborate effectively with clients, families, healthcare teams, and community resources to provide holistic care.
- Focus on prescription refills and call-ins.
- Assist in the formulation of a systematic problem-solving approach to deliver basic nursing care to clients and implement approaches within ethical-legal limitations to the scope of practice.
- Prepare patients for surgery including scheduling surgeries and preoperative visits; coordinating surgeons, assistants, etc.; and taking photographs, including preoperative.
- Perform post-operative care for minor surgeries such as dressing changes, photography, and assisting the MD as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the supply room and maintenance of surgical equipment and sterilizing supplies.
- Assist in the coordination of patient care as a member of the healthcare team within the organizational framework of the healthcare setting and standards of practice.
- Report and document information accurately and in a timely manner.
- Nursing degree from an accredited college from an approved LVN program.
- Current license to practice as an LVN in California.
- Current valid CPR certification required.
- Knowledge of Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Order Processing systems; Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear; bending, squatting, twisting, or reaching up above the shoulders frequently in a repetitive motion. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This position utilized a computer keyboard, computer monitor, and telephone for prolonged periods of time.
Specific vision and hearing abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
This position is dependent on contract award.
InGenesis is one of the largest staffing firms in the industry and is among the largest diversity-owned healthcare staffing firms in North America. InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives, and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people: skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. InGenesis counts almost half of the Fortune 500 in our nearly 300 clients, including clients in the healthcare, life sciences, higher education and pharma industries.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.