Licensed Professional Counselor / LPC (10080)
Mental Health | St. Louis, MI | Contract
InGenesis is currently seeking a Licensed Professional Counselor / LPC to work with our client located in St. Louis, MI. In this role, you will provides mental health treatment to prisoners within a medium security prison facility under the direction of the Director of Mental Health Services.
Apply today and we’ll reach out to answer any questions you may have!
- Evaluates referrals for treatment and service utilizing case history, assessments, observed behavior and risk evaluations.
- Delivers group therapy to prisoners, utilizing supportive and other directive techniques, educational and cognitive-behavioral techniques.
- Provides case management and coordinating all treatment provided to prisoners.
- Provides Sex Offender Therapy, Assaultive Offender Therapy and Substance Use Disorder Treatment as directed by the Unit Chief.
- Evaluates the need for a change in level of care and refers to a higher or lower level of care as needed.
- Utilizes COMS scheduler.
- Demonstrates abilities in psychosocial assessment, treatment planning, individual and group therapy, crisis intervention and co-morbid substance abuse as part of the clinical supervision required of the Unit Chief.
- Provides crisis intervention and emergent suicide interventions and evaluation.
- Confers and consults with other professional staff members as necessary.
- Provides weekend and holiday coverage on a rotation basis for urgent and emergent referrals.
- Writes Management Plans, distributes and discusses management plans with necessary staff.
- Functions as prisoner advisor when requested.
- Reviews psychiatrists’ evaluations and certificates, hears testimony and assists in ruling on the involuntary commitment.
- Assists in training other Department of Corrections staff in the involuntary treatment process.
- Participates in Performance Improvement activities as required.
- Completes required MDOC and MHS annual training and completes additional job specific training as required.
- Serves on committees as assigned, appointed or elected.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree or higher in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling, and Licensure in their field (it can be a limited license).
- 2+ years of professional experience providing Qualified Mental Health Professional services equivalent to a Corrections Qualified Mental Health Profession, including 1+ years equivalent to a Corrections Qualified Mental Health Professional.
- Knowledge of mental health counseling, individual and group therapy and psycho educational treatments.
- Effective communicate skills, including the ability to organize, evaluate and present information effectively, both verbally and in writing, and to speak before groups, including providing testimony in court and administrative hearings.
InGenesis is dedicated to placing people in positions that preserve life, improve lives and inspire others. This does not happen without passionate people, skilled colleagues who are motivated to create innovative solutions and deliver superior service to our clients. Founded in 1998, InGenesis manages thousands of employees, including pioneering healthcare, science, technology and pharma professionals. The workforce solutions company includes almost half of the Fortune 500 in its nearly 300 clients. It is recognized as one of the largest healthcare staffing firms, and InGenesis is the largest minority/women owned healthcare staffing firm in North America.
InGenesis is proud to be an affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by visiting our website at https://www.ingenesis.com/careers/site-accommodations.